- MAX RIDER WEIGHT 240lbs +
- RIDER STYLE All-round fun
- MIN EXPERIENCE Beginner
For an inflatable paddle board that offers super stability and performance, look no further than our 10’8″ Ride. With all the same qualities as our other Ride boards, you’ll appreciate the extra stability that comes from its increased volume, especially if you are a slightly larger rider or have a passenger on board.
Made from our exclusive MSL material, at 4.7”/120mm thick, this board provides increased stiffness at lower pressure, making it 40% stiffer than a standard 4”/100mm board. The rounded tail makes the board easy to manoeuvre, so it’s also a great beginner board too.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of having an extra stable board is that you can easily carry a small passenger on board, which is why our 10’8″ Ride is such a hit with family paddlers and those with furry friends.
As with all Red Paddle Co boards, you’ll have peace of mind that your board is super durable with superior stiffness, made for any watery adventure you can throw at it.
Timeless design: The Red Paddle Co iconic design has been updated for 2021 with a more streamlined look and feel. The extended Red embossed deck pad now reaches right down to the tail, wraps closer to the rails, and offers superior comfort and grip. The diamond-cut rear provides extra stability for performing step back turns, or for riding in bigger waves.
Flat Bungee Cargo System – UNIQUE TO RED PADDLE CO! – The self-closing, flat bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
Twin ifins – All boards in the Ride range are now integrated with two super durable, flexible ifins, making the boards straighter and faster to paddle than a three-fin set-up. The ifins also provide increased agility and performance in the surf and make the board easier to pack down into its bag.
Ergonomic tubular handles on all boards to give a cushioned, comfy grip when carrying your board.
New Titan II pump! Included with all of our SUP packages, our newly refined industry-leading Titan II pump takes you from neatly-packed to fully-inflated in half the time, with half the effort. See what’s new about the Titan II pump.
All Terrain Backpack: The liberating thing about our inflatable boards is how easy they are to travel with. Whether you’re driving to the coast, or flying across the world, all our boards deflate and pack away neatly into our purpose-designed All Terrain backpack, so you can easily transport it to your next location.
- Board LengthPaddle boards are typically measured in feet and inches and the length will usually be part of the board name e.g. Ride 10’6”. The board’s length, width, volume and thickness are key to choosing the right board for you. Your board needs to carry your weight efficiently, provide you with enough stability and suit the style of paddling you’re going to do. Typically, longer paddle boards are faster and shorter paddle boards are more responsive/manoeuvrable.The shorter boards, under 10’6” are better for smaller riders (under 100kg) or for surfing. Typically, all-round boards are between 10ft and 11ft and offer great versatility and are the most popular length.Boards over 11′ are usually classed as Touring or Race boards – these are perfect for the more experienced paddler or those looking to take their paddling to the next level. Their longer waterline(the amount of the board that is in contact with the water) makes them great high-speed cruisers. Longer touring boards are designed to be used for extended trips and these boards can be loaded up with gear, such as camping equipment or just used to get somewhere quicker and more efficiently.Race boards measure 12’6” or 14′. They are narrow and super-stiff. There are two main divisions in SUP racing, the 12’6” and 14 ft class so first you need to decide which one you’d like to enter before choosing your board. Typically, boards over 14′ are designed for more than one rider and are called Multi Person boards.10’8″
- Board ThicknessThe thickness of your board effects it’s stiffness, stability and directional control as well as the time it takes to inflate. Boards designed for manoeuvrability and all-round/first time use should be 100- 120mm / 4” – 4.7” thick. Boards designed for longer distance paddling should be 150mm / 6” thick.4.7″ / 120mm
- Board VolumeHow much air or space within your board and how this affects the water around your board when you stand on it. The key with board volume is knowing your weight in KG, 1KG of weight is equal to 1 cubic litre of volume.If you weigh 80kg and you stand on an 80 litre board, the board will float just below the surface – it will have natural buoyancy but it will be very unstable – not fun.For an all-round SUP you should be looking at around 165 litres of extra volume on top of your weight, this will give you great stability and all-round usage. So if you are 80kgs a good all round board volume is 245ltrs and a good all round length is 10’6″.If you want a board to cover longer distances then a touring style board is a good choice. For an 80kgs rider you should be looking at a board with a minimum of 258ltrs for a touring board. You also need to consider board width.280 Litres
- Board WeightWEIGHT-SAVING BUT STABLE – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 2kgs lighter than our previous double layer construction.MSL boards have a reassuring lightweight feel, but very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra-light it is more affected by wind and current while on the water.10.5kg / 23.1lb
- Board WidthWidth determines how stable your board is. Narrow boards are unstable and wide boards are more stable.32” – 34” is what we recommend for an allround or for your first board.Boards less than 32” and 10′ long are more manoeuvrable whereas longer boards less than 32” are faster but both types would be classed as more unstable than a 32” wide board34″ / 863mm
- Bag SizeExternal bag dimensions. Both the All-Terrain back-pack which comes with all our standard boards and our Compact back pack can be checked in as usual checked luggage on planes (not carry on). Everything you need fits neatly into your board bag – including your Titan pump, paddle and leash plus any other essentials you might need.No bag existed that met our demands – so we created our own. Our solution is the world’s best inflatable SUP bag, an innovative backpack designed to make taking your board to the farthest corners of the Earth as easy as possible. It’s made using toughened materials and bonded nylon sail making tread so it can cope with sun, sea, sand and rough handling. It even has a special lining to ensure your board stays cool in extreme temperatures. When you’re not out exploring, it serves as the perfect storage unit, too.960mm (h) x 390mm (w) x 360mm (d)
- Bag Volume150 litres
- FinsWe have tested every system currently available and even developed fin systems of our own to find the best solution. As a result, we have employed two separate systems depending on the use of the board so that you get an authentic paddle boarding experience every time with the ultimate convenience.MOULDED FINS
The Red Paddle Co Ride range come with built-in moulded fins known as the iFin system. With iFins you don’t need any tools, replacements or spares. They are specially designed to be ultra-durable and are permanently attached to the board – nothing to lose and nothing to break. You gotta love that!US FIN BOX FINS
US Box Fins originated in the surfing world where they are widely trusted to do a great job. A number of Red Paddle Co boards boast them, including all of the Sport, Voyager and Race boards as well as the WindSUP and WindSURF boards. We use several different types of fin depending on the board. These fins are inserted after inflation and simply attached using a simple nut and bolt system. The fins are specially engineered to slice through the water and the Race fins have a 45% rake on them to ensure no weeds get caught which could slow you down.Moulded iFin System