B Grade = Save 10% with your factory blemish!
“The Hydra is the most advanced small wave board I have ever created! It melds more than 25 years of small wave fish and mini wave hybrids. Built around an overall low rocker paired to an almost traditional “fish” outline featuring a “locked in” snowboard influenced sidecut outline, speedy forgiving double concave chined ‘Hydra-hull’, a rail shortening bite increasing split diamond tail and a flat-ish deck with forgiving rails adds flexibility and allows radical surfing with wide tails.” – Matt Biolos
*Fins NOT included
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER – ENVIRONMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way…
THE EVOLUTION OF ECOIMPACTO
Mike Olson and our hands on craftsperson crew are constantly experimenting and working to improve our process and materials. The latest incarnation of our original ecoIMPACTO construction incorporates a new improved formula of our foam and refinements to our process that reduce weight and improve performance while retaining that “Dang Difficult to Ding” durability that relaxes your lifestyle, makes Lib Techs the best travel boards in the world and hold their value over time.
THE EVOLUTION OF
Our magical high performance rides… surf better and worry less.
NITROGEN CELL ECO UP-CYCLED FOAM
Strong, Light, Waterproof
- Environmentally friendly non ozone depleting Nitrogen blowing agent
- 25-40% Recycled content
- Won’t absorb water if you do get a ding (Closed cell)
- Elliptical engineered columnar cells provide toughness top to bottom and elasticity in side impact
- 100% of offcuts and shavings recycled into more foam
BIO-MATRIX PLANT BASED RESIN
Strong, Nice and Craftsperson Friendly
- Plant based glycerin chemistry
- Low VOC (shop smells nice)
- Surfs smooth and responsive (High performance)
- Impact resistant and resilient (Lasts a long time)
Tough & Resiliant
- High impact and break strength fiber
- Great rebound and memory
Light Weight Strengthner
- Made to Mike Olson specs, ideal to our process
- Craftsperson friendly
HEXYLON THERMO-FUSION HONEYCOMB POWER PANEL
Strong & Smooth
- Smooth riding vibration absorption layer
- Impact and ding resistant
CARBON POWER SPINE
Dynamic Energy & Long Lasting Flex
- Tension spread tow carbon fiber
- Rebound energy return
- Perfect flex tuning
LIB TECH LEASH PLUG
- 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum pins
- Lightweight fiber composite cup
LIB TECH FOC-II® FIN BOX
Fits FCS-II®, FCS® Two Tab and Lib RRIPs® fins
- Optimized placement for FCS-II
- RIPPs compatible with 5/16 performance adjustability
- Light and tough
WHAT ARE B-GRADES?
Every board we make is handcrafted. Occasionally, we build boards that don’t quite live up to our strict cosmetic quality standards. We call these B-Grade beauties. B-Grade beauties have mild cosmetic imperfections that DO NOT impact the board structure, performance, or longevity. B-Grades come with the full factory warranty. We can’t guarantee the specific cosmetic oddity that you will be getting, but we can guarantee the amazing price and handcrafted performance.